Sunday, January 26, 2014

SHOCKED But Oh Soooooo Thankful!!!!!


                               It was a Fall Saturday, September 17, 2011 and I was working my weekend shift at my second job that I had at the time. I had had a long week and was more tired than usual. In the middle of my shift I stopped next door at Target to get a drink. As I walked out the door to get back to work I heard the Lord's voice telling me to buy a pregnancy test! I thought to myself this crazy! What am I doing? Ok fine.... I'll buy one! So I bought the cheapest test I could buy..... after all I'm probably not pregnant. So I went about my business and was excited to have friends over for dinner after work. Brian and I made a plan of how we would clean up the tornado that was our house. I had dinner in the crock pot and Brian was putting together brand new dining room chairs we had just purchased. It was 4:30 and our friends would arrive in an hour. Now, you would think that I would have started to clean as soon as I walked in the door. What do I do? I decided in the middle if all this chaos to "get it over with" and take the test that I was just sure would be negative like all the others I had taken. Well, I was about to get the shock of my entire life! I looked at the result and about passed out! There it was! The positive result...... I was pregnant!!!!!! I just stood there for what seemed to be an eternity and just kept staring at it. I thought to myself how I used to think that if I ever became pregnant I would tell Brian in a fun way but I knew I could not keep it in. I walked out into the living room and yelled for him. I just remember saying, "Look!" It was crazy! We were both SHOCKED to say the least! Our lives were going to be forever changed! One moment I was just going about my day not knowing that at the end of it I would find out I was a mommy! :) It was the scariest, most amazing, unbelievable moment of my life! I had wanted this! I had prayed for this! I had never thought it would ever happen! This was not an issue of trying to have a child and not being able to have one. Having children was never an issue in our relationship. We had always talked about adoption. We went back and forth for 10 years trying to decide whether we were ready. We were not trying to get pregnant and since it had been 10 years and we had always thought we might like to adopt anyway we decided on our 10th Anniversary that we felt it was the right time to start the process. We were at a point where we said if it happens great and if it doesn’t great too! We knew that the Lord would give us a child if that was His will and it would come in His perfect timing. We started the process of looking into adoption in June and 3 months later I was pregnant. The Lord has a great sense of humor! :) We wanted to be sure that I was definitely pregnant and were able to get into the doctor’s office right away on that Monday morning and there we received confirmation that I was indeed pregnant and that we would have a beautiful child sometime in May 2012. We were able to rejoice even more because we had a peace that this was truly the Lord's timing. We had a peace that it was His timing but there was also an inner fear that we needed to trust the Lord with and that was the issue of my health. We were in for a huge adventure.......



"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward" Psalm 127:3

 















No comments:

Post a Comment