Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Day Autism said Hello

It was a Fall evening in November 2012 and I was home with my 6 month old son David waiting for my husband Brian to come home from work. The phone rang and it was my husband telling me that he was going to go the the emergency walk in clinic but would not tell me why. My heart raced and my mind began to immediately go to the worst scenario. It seemed like forever before he came home. I called a friend to distract me from trying to not freak out about what might be wrong with my husband.....what he might not be telling me. Finally about 90 minutes later he came home with news I found hard to believe. He walked in the door....I waited for him to tell me. Finally, the words came out.... "I think I have Autism". I dont think I said a word. The word Autism scared me to the core. But deep down in my gutt I knew he was right. You see that afternoon I had prayed for my husband. I had asked the Lord for wisdom and answers to questions that I was already asking myself. In that moment I knew I had my answer. It was not the answer that I wanted. It was not the answer that I was prepared for. But it was what started us on this journey.

More to come.....

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great start Jennifer!! I am sure you will help many others and they will help you along this journey. David is so precious. He has a very special "angel granma" watching over him, he has parents who love the Lord and him so much,, he will do just great! We will keep you in our prayers for wisdom for the challenges that lie ahead.

    ReplyDelete